SonexFlight is a monthly podcast where we talk all things related to the Sonex line of kit-build aircraft. Each show we interview a different Sonex builder or pilot and discuss technical topics, tips and tricks, flying adventures, news and current events.
Episode 32 - “2017 Look-back, 2018 Look-ahead, and Beyond"
2017 is in the books, and there were a number of things that stand out. We look back at some of the more significant things to occur, review a few of the popular topics we covered on the podcast, and discuss the results of the 2017 Listener Feedback Survey. Lastly, we look ahead at a preview of the year we have planned for the podcast, and finish up with our thoughts on a “Most Wanted List for 2018” of things that we’d like to see Sonex Aircraft do, initiatives to focus on, or products to develop.
Download Episode 32 (mp3)
2017 Listener Feedback Survey Results
- Goal: Gain better insight from listeners as to how they listened, what topics they enjoyed (or didn’t enjoy), and what they’d like to see in the future.
- Responses predominantly from listeners who have listened to most of the shows.
- OVerall listeners are happy with the format, length of the episodes, and variety of topics.
- Some comments/complaints about poor audio quality during early episodes, but I hope we’ve solved that.
- Favorite topics were: Building Tips, Flying Info, Safety-related topics, and Interviews. However, all categories (including News & Event Reports) scored well though.
- Favorite Episodes: Bob Nuckolls Electrical Systems, SubSonex and Prince Propellers. #1 Episode was AeroInjector Tuning, and people wanted to hear more from Kerry.
- Criticisms: Too much chit-chat, too USA-centric, and too much factory cheerleading.
- Recommendations: Cover other engine options; Discuss the B-Models; Bring on international guests and perspectives; Cover FWF tips and best practices; More AeroVee tips.
Priorities for upcoming SonexFlight episodes:
- Engine Options: Corvair, UL Power, Rotax, Viking.
- AeroVee Tips (assembly, operation, overhaul, turbo update).
- Sonex Aircraft Factory Personnel Interviews.
- FWF Best Practices.
- Building Tips: Cowling, Canopy, Wing Rigging, Basic Electrical Systems, Interior, and Paint.
- Low-cost Avionics.
- Interviews with builders who have something interesting and unique to share.